This September it's National Cupcake Week from the 17th to the 23rd so therefore the theme for this month's Calendar Cakes could only be:
I realise this will have some people whooping with joy whilst others may be quietly despairing at the cupcake invasion. However, there really is something for everyone...if you're already a cupcake convert, go mad or if you've spent the last few years steadfastly ignoring the cupcake, why not take this opportunity to give them a go?
Over the past few years whoopies, macarons and cake pops have all made gallant attempts at unseating the cupcake as the cake du jour but to no avail. Apparently a staggering 11.03 million cupcakes were sold between June 2011 and June 2012 amounting to £23.5 million. There are hundreds...nay thousands cupcake recipes out there and we'd love for you to join us for this month's Calendar Cakes Challenge. Here are some ideas and you can find details of how to enter at the end of the post.
- According to the Daily Mail the latest craze in cupcakes is 'Caketails', adding your favourite tipple to your cupcake. Why not try a Caketail?
- A savoury cupcake
- A perennial favourite
- A crazy cupcake that's been lurking on your 'to bake list' for an age but has always seemed a bit wacky.
- Create your own unique flavour combination
- Pretty cupcakes with decorations for a special occasion or just because!
- A savoury cupcake...is there such a thing....or does that make it a muffin?
- We may even accept a good old fairy cake masquerading as a cupcake.
- Post your entry on your blog and include the ‘Calendar Cakes’ logo
- Add 'Calendar Cakes' as a label on your post.
- Follow Dolly Bakes and Laura Loves Cakes blogs using the Google Join this Site button.
- Add links on your site to your hosts Dolly Bakes and Laura Loves Cakes.
- If you don’t have a blog you can still join in, just email us a picture and a bit of information about your bake.
- If you're on Twitter, tweet us a link to your post @dollybakes and @lauralovesbakes - otherwise we won't see it! Use the handle #CalendarCakes.
- Email us at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ including the recipe title, a link to your blog post and attach a photo that you would like to appear in the round up.
Calendar Cakes Challenge Rules:
- You can enter as many times as you like. Bake to your little heart's content.
- It can be your own recipe or one you found elsewhere (please just state where you found it).
- You can use old posts as long as you update them with the 'Calendar Cakes' logo and link back (see above).
- If you want to enter your bake into other challenges too then please feel free.
- You must submit by the 28th of each month.
So…happy baking, we can’t wait to see what you come up and we’d be delighted for you to join us in our challenge!