Thursday, July 5, 2012

Bitesize Bake Swap Goodies

To celebrate the recent release of new book Sweet Bitesize Bakes by Sarah Trivuncic from Maison Cupcake, BakeMe.com hosted a 'Bitesize Bake Swap' with bakers and bloggers signing up to be partnered with a random bake swap buddy.
Once the closing date arrived, I received an email telling me my partner was Laura from How to Cook Goodfood which considering it's random pairings was somewhat of a coincidence as I already follow Laura's blog as well as on twitter. If you haven't already visited her blog, check it out as she produces some wonderful food, as well as hosting the One Ingredient monthly challenge!
And here's what I received in the post, lovely chewy, crispy, gooey 'Toffee Malteser Bites'. They came beautifully packaged in spotty red wrapping paper and with a lovely handmade label and handmade card.
The ingredients for these were chocolate eclairs, cream, rice krispies, marshmallows, golden syrup, maltesers...sounds like a heavenly combination!! I'm also pleased to report that they arrived in one piece. I had a red card through my door to go and pick them up from the sorting office but fortunately I was off to pick up my Olympic tickets too...so a double whammy...two things worth the effort to queue for!!
In return I sent Laura some iced butterfly cookies. I used a variety of different pastel colours and then packaged them up in individual little bags. To try and ensure they arrived in one piece I packed the box with popcorn as suggested by someone online. It appeared to work and they did arrive in one piece. I did however send them first class on Tuesday morning and was hoping they would arrive on Wednesday...instead they arrived on Saturday so there is a chance that they were past their best....but at least they arrived!
If you want a brief rundown on how to decorate royal iced cookies I've outlined the basic technique in a previous post for Love Heart Cookies. You can also check out some of the other Bake Swapping on the BakeMe.com website.

15 comments:

  1. WHAT a fabulous swap! And I just LOVE your iced butterfly biscuits too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love both of those gorgeous looking bites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your biscuits were the prettiest edible gift I could ever have received. They arrived in pristine condition thanks to your good idea of padding them out with popcorn!
    You timed it perfectly as it was my daughter's 6th birthday past. The theme was a mini beast hunt and she thought the biscuits were all for her!
    Thanks for being a great Bake Swap partner, I hope you win :))x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at chocolate eclairs - that sounds amazing! am so jealous of your fun swap! If I wasn't saving so furiously for Vancouver I would have definitely joined in on this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic!!  What great bakes you both made.  Bet you were pleased to see your butterflies arriving in one piece!  I got chocolate and ginger cookies which were divine. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great swaps! The toffee malteser bites sound insanely yummy and your butterflies are the most gorgeous little biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura - that's so great...I can't believe the party was mini beasts!!! Happy birthday to your daugther too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both bakes look fantastic, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The butterfly cookies look too pretty to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your butterflies are beautiful and Laura's bites sound delicious. What a fun thing to do. I meant to join in with this, but ran out of time. Looks like a missed out on a real treat. AND well done for getting some O tickets.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!